Introducing your personal property advisor
My name is Chris Hodgson and I have been dealing in this market for 39 years now, I am in business with my father and a small efficient team that work hands on to ensure the maximum value is obtained for each investor, due to the amount of requests we get we have developed the following service:-
We offer the service of being your Personal Property Advisor to assist you in every step of your Property investment journey – from sourcing to purchasing and then managing and maintaining the Investment.
The service will provide expert hands free assistance to provide peace of mind and give the comfort of having someone who knows the area and the business well having been there and done it over 30 plus years, the service also includes the introduction to all our contacts which cover every aspect of the property investment business -a very valuable service not to be under rated.
The agreement will endure for 3 years from date of agreement.
How will our service benefit you?
Assist in sourcing, Best locations
– Avoid horror stories (see below) ie empty properties in wrong areas or poor design, bad planning/bad builders can mean disaster
We will assist in the buying process ensuring
– best prices – Most local agents are known to us we aim to achieve the best deal possible for our clients !!
Using our 30 years local knowledge in the property sector
Maximising property values and rents– by Targeted Improvements in the right areas that will uplift income levels and property values (see our success stories on our website), we aim to future proof investments for the long term, our rooms are set up like hotel rooms with fixed fitted furniture, the right sockets in the right place etc -nothing is left to chance.
Pro-active management services (No VAT)
– Once the early stages have been successfully passed We will provide what we believe to be the most hands on, proactive property service available that will ensure the ongoing success of you investment, saving voids and arrears.
Advise on keeping costs down
Firstly by pre-empting problems, secondly addressing any issues very quickly (same day if possible) using known local tradesmen that work for our-selves at very good rates (usually non VAT) by setting properties correctly properties will be more appealing to tenants and maintenance costs will be lower.
Providing quality tradesmen
who are known to us that provide a great service at very good prices from builders to carpet fitters to cleaners.
Liaise with councils on your behalf
– keeping on the right side of the council is a key element of property investment !
Assist with compliance and regulations
– saving fines and keeping up to date on all issues.
Assist with HMO Licenses and other council documents
avoiding the many pitfalls associated with HMO compliance.
Avoid the pitfalls of DIY or arms length property investment
Because we have been in the property investment business in Hull for over thirty years, we know straight away the potential of any given property in the Hull area and we know for a fact what might look good on paper may not actually be the right investment for your requirements.
Examples of investors wasting money:
1. An out of town investor purchased a property on Beverley Road. He refurbished it to a good standard and wanted to let it as a HMO. He did not do his due diligence as the house was in the article 4 area and was not permitted to be a HMO. He had to let it to a family, meaning he wasted tens of thousands of pounds on an unnecessary conversion.
2. A landlord we knew wanted to organise his renovation himself to his licensed property. Although the quality of his work was good, he had not planned rooms correctly, meaning sockets ended up being in unusable places and beds squashed against radiators. The main issue was that once en-suites were added, it left the rooms too small to pass the HMO licensing standards. Most rooms had to be re done which would have added thousands on to his costs. He ended up spending over £80,000 with his tradesmen. Our quote to him was £42,000.
Partner with us
We believe that Partnering with ourselves will probably be the best investment you will ever make !! but don’t take our word for it ask Landlords that we have worked with (contacts will be available) and see their testimonials.
We advise you see our houses as well as meeting ourselves to understand the joined up theories behind successful property investment.
The difference between success and failure is very narrow, we will help to give you the edge to ensure you are on the right side !
It is hard to estimate what We will earn and save investors as no one will know what other paths may have been taken but on average across all of the service over a 3 year period we would expect £50,000+ based upon our past experiences.
The Fee for being your personal Property advisor is £2,500 per quarter for 1st year only regardless of the amount of properties you buy – remaining 2 years no charge (apart from normal management and maintenance fees)
We are only interested in long term relationships
We are only interested in relationships with like minded investors that share our core values of providing quality housing backed up with a quality service-it is our opinion that if this is done correctly then the money side of things will naturally follow.
If you then feel that our services could be of use to you please email email@example.com or call our Hull office on 01482 342155 and we can arrange to discuss matters further or for an agreement to be sent to yourself.